- Our Standards
- Living in Costa Rica
- Arrival & Departure
- Rainy Season
- Community Service
- Senior Class trip
- Ultimate Fundraiser
- Video Gift to Parents
- Staff & Guides
- Teacher References
- Sustainability & Conservation
1. Learning through fun filled experiences. Our number one goal is to educate. Our philosophy is learning should be fun and students will learn more and process information deeper when they enjoy the learning experience. We offer every student an education by providing an awesome learning experience that will have a lasting impact. Costa Rica has so many adventures and fun activities yet so much to learn at the same time. We have combined the two to educate students in a myriad of ways. Some of the specific educational topics we value are :
- Environmental/Science education
- Language acquisition
- Cultural awareness
- Social justice
- Leadership skills
- Self confidence
2. Commitment to Excellent Service. We provide personalized service from booking your custom tour to the farewell at the airport. Trip Planning: Your trip should not be a job in itself. When booking your travel you deal directly with CRR. All of our tours are privately operated and designed for your students. We take the stress out of your planning and personally handle all your reservations for hotels, transportation, guides, and adventures. We work with you directly to tailor each trip according to your curriculum, goals, and/or standards. We pride ourselves in being a small personal company not a big corporation. When you contact our office you deal directly with our staff which is available to serve your needs and plan the best trip possible. We are flexible to serve any and all needs whether it is monetary to dietary. Your Trip: From the moment you land you will be greeted by your personal tour guide(s) and driver. All guides and drivers are professionals and travel with you to serve you the best we can. We understand traveling to a foreign country can be stressful and uncomfortable at times and we are always conscience of your needs and safety. We are committed to make every trip an awesome learning experience.
3. Safety. Any type of travel has inherent risks and we always make safety a priority. All of our guides are qualified and up to date on their certifications- from basic first-aide to Wilderness Emergency Medical Training (WEMT). Our drivers all have years of experience in tourism and maintain vehicle maintenance and cleanliness. When dealing with students we are always looking to improve our knowledge and stay up to date with the latest safety standards (we do continuing education just like teachers). We take all reasonable precaution to ensure your safety at all times.
4. Environmental Awareness: Our passion for traveling, education, and showing you a great time is rivaled only by our love for nature. Your naturalist guides are experts in Costa Rican biodiversity and geography. They all have a passion for both their country and the environment. We have so much fun spending time with nature we always try to send students home with a better appreciation and understanding of it. We understand we would not be alive never mind in business if it was not for mother nature. As result, CRR goes to great lengths to promote awareness of conservation while having the lowest impact possible on the environment while we are traveling.
- Each student receives a biodegradable water bottle.
- Each student receives a handmade recycled carrying bag (to reduce plastic bag usage)
- Promote recycling throughout our travels.
- Learning from indigenous tribes
- Optional tree planting or adoption to offset carbon emissions.
5. Cultural Awareness: Today’s global society demands an international competence. When students travel internationally they have the opportunity to experience how another culture lives. We want students to experience the culture from the sights and sounds to the food and they people. With our native guides and their knowledge of the country you will have the chance to get to know Costa Rica from the inside. We also offer an unparalleled experience of total emersion with our homestays. During our homestays students will not only be living and learning a new culture but at the same time directly impacting the economic development of local communities. One of the best gifts you can return home with from any trip is an appreciation of another culture and how someone else lives.
6. Helping Others: Our commitment as an educational tour company is also to give back to the local communities through employing local guides and drivers, utilizing the homestay option, giving back to local communities through service and cultural emersion, and on our “days off” offering our time and talents (rafting trips for local schools). Ultimately, we hope to educate students the best we can, help our neighbors, and to make the planet a little better place for us all to live.
Flexibility and Independence
One of our most appealing features is our flexibility and independence. Being a small company allows us to put you, students and teachers, first in all of our decision making. With custom designed trips we work directly with you to create the type of trip you desire. We accommodate flexible dates, hotel preferences, the thrill seeking adventurer, lesson plans, and curriculum. When in the country we also have the flexibility and independence to improvise on the go, whether it’s trying a new fruit, stopping for a lecture about a sloth on the side of the road, or hitting the souvenir shops.
All accommodations we recommend have been thoroughly researched by our team. All accommodations are up to standards and codes with cleanliness and construction. When researching hotels we take into consideration the following:
- Overall quality (3-5 stars)
- Staff (we typically know the staff on a personal level)
- Activities in the area (and how they fit into the logistics of the entire trip)
- Food (Mmmm quality and variety)
- Kid friendly
- Eco friendly (their efforts to reduce their impact on the environment)
- Price (including all hidden fees)
We also offer the unique home stay experience in which a Costa Rican family invites you to live with them in their home. We know all our families personally and work directly with the family preparing them for this experience.