- Our Standards
- Living in Costa Rica
- Arrival & Departure
- Rainy Season
- Community Service
- Senior Class trip
- Ultimate Fundraiser
- Video Gift to Parents
- Staff & Guides
- Teacher References
- Sustainability & Conservation
Q&A about Student Trips
1. What is your cancellation policy? Our standard cancellation policy is: All trips cancelled within 2 month of departure receive a 90% refund and all trips cancelled before 2 weeks receive a 50% refund. Any cancellation received less than two weeks before your trip will only receive 25% refund. Trips cancelled within one week of the trip dates may be changed on certain trips to later dates so you do not lose everything, please contact us to see if your dates can be changed.
2. How are trips paid for? Is there a deposit up front and then the balance? We do ask for a deposit of 50% to lock in your dates. This allows us to confirm all the spots in hotels, tours, transportation, and guides. The sooner we have the 50% the sooner we can start confirming dates. We suggest this be done as soon as possible but no later than three months prior to the start of your itinerary. If it is a large group or student group, we especially need an approximate number ASAP. The second half of the payment can be made at least three weeks before arrival.
3. Can parents put this trip on a credit card? No. Payment for the group must be made at one time. This can be done:
a- School or teacher´s personal check to our Florida office made out to:
Thomas C. Ranieri 1424 SE 33 Ter Ocala, FL 34471
b- Wire transfer to either of follow accounts:
Banco Nacional de Costa Rica:
- Apartado 10015-1000 San Jose , Costa Rica
- SWIFT code: BNCRCRSJ
- Account name: Costa Rican Resource CRR SA
- Account number: 100-02-123-600250-5
Wachovia Bank, FL:
- Cedar Shores Financial Center
- 3541 S.E. Maricamp Rd.
- Ocala, FL 34471
- Write on the back of the check: “For deposit only: Account #2000047939718”
-We cannot facilitate individual payments by each student.
4. What is the company’s plan for natural disaster or a terrorist incident? Our policy for all force majeure events is one of mutual "good faith". Costa Rican Resource will make all good faith efforts to keep your group safe and avoid all affected areas in order to continue your experience as appropriate for the particular event in question. Although these events can never be predicted it is very likely that such events will be limited in scope by geography and Costa Rican Resource will work within the limits of individual hotel cancellation policies to adjust your itinerary with limited additional expense.
5. Is travel insurance required? Costa Rican Resource is a company that operates with many different tour operators. Each of these companies are insured for the services they offer. We have proof of all insurance documents and booklets, which can be sent out any time you request. We do strongly suggest when traveling that you take out adventure student travel insurance that is purchased in the States. We do not require that you show proof of purchase before traveling with us but we do recommend you have adventure travel insurance. It is very inexpensive and can be obtained from many companies online. Some examples are: www.sta.com, www.worldnomads.com, www.internationalstudentinsurance.com and www.tilloglobe.com.
We, as a company, go beyond the normal steps of Costa Rica travel safety. All of our clients are registered under "Emergencias Medicas". We offer this as a service and it is included in all our packages. The Emergencias Medicas plan that we supply for each student traveling with us is a private rescue dispatch service that helps us in the rescue process of ground and air transport.
Also as a reminder, all our guides are up to date on their Wilderness First Responder and First Aid courses. If there were an emergency, our clients would be brought to the CIMA Hospital, which is not only the best hospital in Costa Rica but one of the top hospitals in all of the Americas. CIMA is the primary facility for all major care needs. Smaller clinics may be utilized for minor care as we travel throughout the country but this is done on an as needed impromptu basis.
6. Are any immunizations required? We do not require for any immunizations for our tours. You are free to check the CDC www.cdc.gob for their recommendations.